Get Prepared for Marmaris Istanbul Tour
Before getting into the details of the route, we will share some information about things you should know before booking the tour and how to prepare your bag perfectly.
- First of all, Istanbul Tour from Marmairs requires a lot of walking; therefore, it is not suitable for guests with walking difficulties. Also, you should consider the fact that this tour is a full-day tour, so it might be also not suitable for children.
- Secondly, please do not forget to bring your (and your children’, if you have) passport.
- Thirdly, we suggest you to put your hat, sunglasses, sun cream, camera, a bottle of water, some snacks and cash in your bag.
- And lastly, you should wear comfortable clothes and shoes before being picked up by us.
To start our daily Marmaris to Istanbul Tour officially, we will pick you up from your hotel in which you stay in Marmaris by our fully-equipped, modern and comfortable tour bus between 04:00-05:00 am. Yes, the pick-up time is early; yet, it is quite normal when you consider we will visit places as many as possible in a row in Istanbul.
Then, we will directly head to the airport, meet our professional and licensed tour guide in there, finish the required process about the flight, and get on the plane.
After approximately 45 minutes, we will arrive to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (Istanbul) and get on the tour bus. Until we get to the first stop, you will be learning interesting facts about Istanbul and its importance through the world history.
Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque) OR Suleymaniye Mosque
The first stop of our Marmaris Istanbul Tour is determined as Blue Mosque; yet, as an important note here, if Blue Mosque is not available due to the renovation, we will visit Suleymaniye Mosque. Thus, in this section, we will give brief information about both of these glamorous structures.
- Blue Mosque was built upon request of Ahmet I and completed in 8 years (1609-1617). The most important thing about this magnificent piece of architectural art is its interior design in which blue color is dominantly used through the hand-made tiles. Also, with its five main domes, six minarets, and eight smaller domes, Blue Mosque is a grand and spectacular example of Ottoman architecture.
- The alternative option, Suleymaniye Mosque, however, can easily compete with Blue Mosque thanks to its glamorous features and design, too. Has been designed by famous architect Sinan and built in more than 7 years. Its exterior and interior design of it is pretty pleasing and proves the intellect of Sinan.
Whichever is visited, you will be able to satisfy your eyes thanks to their unique atmosphere that fills your soul up with peace. Also, you will learn a lot of historical things which will expand your mind and cultural accumulation.
Hippodrome & German Fountain
The next stop of our Istanbul Tour will be Hippodrome and German Fountain successively. Hippodrome is an ancient place in which chariot races were held. The most important thing about it is the fact that Hippodrome was used by ancient Romans, Byzantines and Ottomans for the same aim. Thus, we can say that you will observe a combination of 3 different eras and empires in there.
German Fountain nearby the Hippodrome is also an outstanding structure with its octagonal shape and golden decoration. This fountain was sent by a German emperor to honor the Ottoman sultan and Ottoman Empire. Of course, you will learn more about both of these architectural arts.
The following stop will be globally-famous palace: Topkapi Palace. While its entire glamour is greeting us, you will be able to visit the most important sections of it (except Harem) and learn by whom, how and why they were used thanks to our guide. As a spoiler, though, we can say that Topkapi Palace overlooks the Golden Horn, and consists of significant sections such as Imperial Gate, courtyards, palace kitchens, Gate of Felicity, Miniature and Portrait Gallery, Enderûn Library and eve more.
Free Time in Egyptian Bazaar
After the visit to Topkapi Palace, we will take you to the next stop, Egyptian Bazaar, where you will see different kinds of products such as spices, souvenirs, textile, pottery, gold & silver, Turkish delight, essences and more. After getting information about its historical background, you will start using your free time in there! You can shop, learn how to bargain, watch the dynamic life of Istanbul or eat or drink something during this time period: You are totally free to decide!
After the break, you will be able to benefit from the special options that we offer you. These are extra items and if you are interested, you should purchase them. One of them is Bosporus boat trip which will allow observing the most striking pieces of Istanbul that are located along the sea. The other one is a delicious dinner in Kumkapi, in such an authentic area. If you are interested in them, you can buy them and multiply the joy of our tour.
When every stop is visited, we will get on the bus and drive to the airport. Then, we will complete the process of the flight, get on the plane and leave Istanbul. Nearly after 50 minutes, we will arrive to Dalaman Airport at approximately 01:00 am. Then, we will take you to your hotel and our daily Marmaris to Istanbul tour will end successfully.