Marmaris Pamukkale Tour offers you an unmissable chance to visit one of the most popular and significant places of Turkey by getting from Marmaris to Pamukkale. When it is translated into English, Pamukkale means “Cotton Castle”, and it deserves this title, because Pamukkale Mountain has a white surface which has been shaped by chemical reactions and thermal waters centuries before. With its special formation, and settlement of an ancient city (Hierapolis) and pool (Cleopatra Pool) at the peak, Pamukkale is selected as a World Heritage in 1972 by UNESCO. Of course, we will give detailed information about all of the places by sharing the content of the tour with you; yet, you should already know that Marmaris Pamukkale Tour will fill you up with a tremendous admiration to the nature and a lot of knowledge about cultural and historical side of Turkey and even world.
Getting From Marmaris to Pamukkale
Before travelling to Pamukkale from Marmaris, you might know the related information about this trip such as the vehicle, duration, route and distance between Marmaris and Pamukkale as a curious traveler! If so, this part is prepared for you.
How to Get From Marmaris to Pamukkale?
In our Marmaris Pamukkale Tour, we will get on a fully-equipped bus to get to Pamukkale from Marmaris. For a direct access to Pamukkale, the only option among all of transportation options is road trip between Marmaris (in Mugla province of Turkey) and Pamukkale (in Denizli province of Turkey).
How Far is Pamukkale from Marmaris?
Between Pamukkale and Marmaris the distance is 203 kilometers, and from Marmaris to Pamukkale, it roughly takes 3 hours and 45 minutes. Of course, during those hours on the route of our Marmaris Pamukkale Tour, there will be short breaks to use a WC, eat something or smoke.
If you are in Marmaris and interested in Pamukkale, you should keep reading and you will find every detail about our Marmaris Pamukkale Tour that you need and want to learn.
Before examining the route of Marmaris Pamukkale Tour step by step, let us provide you information about the preparation session and other important things that you should know before booking the tour and meeting us.
- First of all, this tour is not suitable for guests with walking difficulties, since there will be a lot of walking to explore Pamukkale deeply.
- Secondly, we recommend you to bring your hat, sunglasses and sun cream to avoid sun burns. Also, if you plan to swim into Cleopatra Pool or play into the puddles of travertines, you should take your swimsuit and towel, too.
- Thirdly, make sure you have enough money to buy souvenirs in Pamukkale and your camera is ready.
- Lastly, since walking on Pamukkale travertines is permitted only without wearing any kind of shoes (because they might harm the natural form of it), you may want to bring a special bag or its kind to put your shoes in.
To start our Marmaris Pamukkale Tour officially, between 06.00 and 06.30 a.m. we will pick you and your belongings up from your hotel that located in Icmeler, Armutalan, Siteler or Marmaris City Center by our fully-equipped, modern and comfortable tour bus. When you get on, you will meet our professional and licensed tour guide who will give impressive information about the places that we will visit.
In 07.30-08.00 a.m., we will stop in Mugla province to have a delicious breakfast in a local restaurant. After pleasing our rumbling stomachs, we will take the roads again.
Free Time in Pamukkale
To get from Marmaris to Pamukkale last approximately 3 hours. Therefore, approximately at 11.30 a.m., your 3-hour free time in Pamaukkle will start. There are many things that you can do during this period.
- Visit Pamukkale Travertines: Pamukkale Mountain which has been uniquely shaped by natural conditions for years has beautiful, natural decorations on it: Pamukkale travertines. Also known as Pamukkale terraces, these formations look like gigantic steps of a stair. Also, they are filled with natural thermal waters and white mud, and both of them are very beneficial for having a more beautiful and healthier skin. Thus, we recommend you while climbing towards the peak, enjoy every barefoot step, benefit from mineral-rich waters of Pamukkale and wide open your eyes to feast them with the perfect contrast of white and turquoise.
- Visit Hierapolis (Holy City): When you finish climbing, you will be able to wear your shoes again, since a perfect historical settlement waits for you to explore deeply: Ancient city of Hierapolis. Even if there is no exact information about its establishment, it is claimed that it has been settled in the 2nd century BC. In years, it has been used by Romans and Byzantines successively; therefore, Hierapolis has characteristics of them dominantly in its ruins, baths, gates, streets, columns, theatres, statues and more. During your free time, we recommend you to visit UNESCO World Heritage Site and expand your cultural accumulation.
- Swim into Cleopatra Pool: At the peak, there is also Cleopatra Pool, in which famous Egyptian queen Cleopatra has swum, according to the common belief. If you wonder why she has chosen this pool, we can simply say that to become much healthier and beautiful; because the thermal water of the pool is full of minerals and healing power and it has been famous for it. In ancient times, the pool has been shaped by a strong earthquake, collapse of the ruins and a flood of hot waters that still fills it. By paying for an entrance fee, you can swim and relax your body and mind.
- Other Things to Do: If you get tired, you can eat or drink something in the cafes and restaurants near the pool, take photographs of fascinating sceneries around, and mud bath in Pamukkale travertines. Everything you do in there will be unforgettable somehow!
When the time is up at 14:30, we will reunite, get on the bus again and take the roads to have a delicious lunch which will prove the perfection of Turkish cuisine. During 15.00-15.45, we will complete the lunch session in a local restaurant, and we will visit our last stop.
A Textile Factory
From 16:00 to 16:30, we will be in a successful textile factory to learn the process and shop in the last stop of our Marmaris Pamukkale Tour.
After leaving the factory, we will get on the bus and take the roads from Pamukkale to Marmaris. Approximately at 20:00, we will drop you to your hotel and our impressive Marmaris Pamukkale Tour will end successfully.
If you like the tour, you can book it online. Also, you can always contact us for having information about both Marmaris Pamukkale Tour and other Marmaris excursions.