Cappadocia is one of the rare places in Turkey and even in the world. It is a place where everyone should visit with their special and natural formations, caves and cultural richness. Every year, millions of tourists come to Cappadocia. Although Cappadocia is actually a small area, there are so many places to visit. Pasabag, Ortahisar, fairy chimneys, caves, Ihlara Valley, Goreme open air museum are just few of them. Also, Cappadocia is a place where product world famous wines. You should definitely taste them when you go there.
There are many tour company that organize tours to Cappadocia. But we organize special tours for you. If you are in Bodrum, Marmaris or Fethiye you should spare time to go to Cappadocia. Let’s look at the details of private Cappadocia tours from Bodrum, Marmaris and Fethiye.
From Marmaris, Bodrum or Fethiye To Cappadocia
– Day 1 – To Cappadocia –
In the morning , we will meet you at your hotel provide a transfer to Istanbul domestic airport and put you on a short domestic flight to Cappadocia.
Upon arrival, we will meet you at the airport then transfer you to the region. After check into your hotel, enjoy rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
– Day 2 – Cappadocia – (B/L)
Today will be devoted to exploring more of Cappadocia’s unforgettable sites.
Sites you’ll see today:
* Goreme Open-Air Museum – A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Goreme is an ancient town carved right out of the rock (tufa); you’ll explore Byzantine-era churches, chapels and monasteries which house wonderfully-preserved 11th- and 12th-century cave frescoes.
* Fairy Chimneys–This strange geological phenomenon was created over millions of years, and were formed during regional volcanic eruptions. Reaching at times 40 meters in height, they are conical in shape and have a whimsical “hat” top to them.
* Devrent Valley--This valley is known as “the pink valley” because of the color of its soil. This is a lovely place to wander about and really take in the magical rock formations indicative to Cappadocia, including the Fairy Chimneys.
* Uchisar Castle, also known as Uchisar Fortress, is actually a formation of two gigantic rocks surrounded by smaller ones that together, form a natural fortress with towers. These formations were inhabited during both the Byzantine and Ottoman periods.
We’ll also visit local crafts people and learn the special art of making dolls and traditional pottery.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
– Day 3 – Derinkuyu Underground City – (B/L)
(If you have purchased the optional hot-air ballooning tour, please note that you’ll need to rise very early in the morning to go to the balloon-launch site. After the trip has concluded, we’ll come back to the hotel for breakfast and have a rest before setting out in later in the morning to see the rest of the sites listed below.)
Today, we’ll stroll through an amazing subterranean city where ancient Christians once hid from Arab invaders; we’ll then wander through the Ihlara Gorge and spend time in a classic Anatolian village.
* Underground City of Derinkuyu–You’ll gradually make your way down into the depths of the earth of this ancient settlement that has 18-20 floors which boast depths as long as 40 meters. (Don’t worry, we’ll only go down to the 8th floor!) You’ll marvel at the fact that Derinkuyu is just one of 36 Cappadocian underground cities, which archaeologists date back to the time of the Hittites around 4,000 years ago.
* Ihlara Gorge is an oasis in the middle of the Anatolian plain. We’ll explore the canyon and take in the beautiful green scenery as we stroll casually alongside the river. Here, you’ll see ancient monasteries complete with pigeon holes carved into the cliffs by the monks; the pigeons acted as messengers to communicate with neighboring monks!
* Traditional Anatolian village — You’ll get time to stroll in a village such as this and see the average Turkish villager at work…or play.
Day 4 – Cappadocia To Bodrum, Marmaris or Fethiye
Mustafa Paşa which inhabited Greek Orthodox families until the beginning of the 20th century. Walk through Damsa Lake. Visit to Keşlik, Archangelos Monastery with a church hall. After lunch, visit to Soğanlı. Possibility to watch local women baking bread. Drive to Taşkınpaşa for a wonderful panoramic view and Cemil where you‘ ll see a famous Greek church. Evening flight from Kayseri/Nevşehir to Bodrum, Marmaris or Fethiye.
If you want to take tour to Cappadocia by bus, please click the links below. You can see all detail. Tour to Cappadocia by bus has some advanteges. For example, it is cheaper than the tour by plane. In addition, the bus will full of tourist. You can have some friends and can enjoy together.